War of the Ring is a board game where 2-4 players aged 13 years and over will compete in teams of Free Peoples and Shadow Armies. The strategy game will bring players into the world of The Lord of The Rings created by J.R.R. Tolkien where they can experience incredible action and conflict.
Free Peoples player will command great hosts of the Third Age kingdoms and face the evil minions of Sauron. Lead the horse-lords of Rohan, Elven Lords of Rivendell and the soldiers of Gondor to gain Fellowship and destroy the ring to claim victory!
Shadow players will lead the crowds of the Dark Lord and his minions to bring darkness to the Middle-Earth. Trolls, Wolfriders and Ringwraiths await your every command and will fight to bring the Ring back to its master and crush the enemies!
War of the Ring Gameplay
Below is a simplified version of how to play War of the Ring:
- Each turn includes six phases.
- For phase one, players will recover their dice and draw event cards.
- The Free Peoples player will now reveal the position of the Fellowship.
- The Shadow player will place action dice in the hunt box.
- Roll action dice.
- Take actions accordingly.
- Check whether the Military Victory conditions have been met.
- Free People win if they get Fellowship and destroy the ring.
- Shadow wins if the ring bearer faces too much corruption.
Find the full list of game components for War of the Ring below:
- Rule Booklet
- Game Board
- 2x Player Aids Folders
- 5x White Combat Dice
- 6x Blue Action Dice
- 10x Red Action Dice
- 14x Character Cards
- 96x Event Cards
- 81x Counters
- 205x Plastic Figures