Tzolk’in is a game based on the placement of your workers. For 2-4 players aged 14 and over you can enjoy up to 90 minutes of gaining victory points. You will need to feed workers and pay with corn to place them on the game board. You will need to gain wood, stone, gold, and skull crystals to purchase buildings or monuments to be in for the chance of winning.
Actions performed are dependent on the location of your worker so use time to your advantage and make your placement decisions carefully. The game will end after one full revolution of the Tzolk’in gear. The winner is the player with the most victory points!
Tzolk’in: The Mayan Calendar Gameplay
A simplified version of Tzolk’in can be found below:
- All players choose between placing or removing workers.
- The centre gear will spin, and all the gears will rotate to move workers move up a space.
- Pay with corn for the placement of your workers.
- You can pick up workers in any order and perform the action provided at their space.
- When advancing in technology, you will pay blocks for the next space.
- Construct a building by paying the cost based on the age.
- To construct a monument, you pay the cost and gain victory points.
- When going up the temple track, the spaces will give you resources during the food day phase.
- After all players take their turn, if the Tzolkin gear was on a sticker location, the food day phase begins.
- Pay two corn per worker and score temples. Failure to pay will lose you three victory points.
- During the advance calendar phase, you place corn and advance gear one space. If there is a new start player, give marker and choose to advance one or two spaces.
- Rounds continue until the second age or one full revolution of the Tzolkin gear.
- The final scoring takes four steps: convert all resources to corn, score points for each corn, score three victory points for each skull and score your monuments.
- The player with the most victory points is the winner!
- Game Board
- 6 Gears
- 6 Fasteners
- 24 Workers
- 28 Round Markers
- 4 Scoring Counters
- 65 Wooden Cubes
- 13 Crystal Skulls
- 65 Corn Tokens
- 28 Harvest Tiles
- 21 Starting Wealth Tiles
- 13 Monuments
- 32 Buildings
- 4 Player Boards
- Starting Player Marker