Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilisation is a game for 2-4 players aged 14 years or over. The civilisation building game requires players to use careful resource management, elect the right leaders, maintain a strong military and discover new technologies.
Play the game by drafting cards carefully and bring wonders, technologies and leaders into play. For example, to use a technology you will need to have the science to use it, food to expand the population who will run it and resources to build the building It will be used in.
Opponents will seek out any weaknesses of your civilisation and will steal resources or kill leaders. Make your decisions carefully as it will be difficult to win with a larger military but also very easy to lose with a small one. The player with the most culture points at the end of the Modern Age wins!
Through the Ages Gameplay
Find a simplified version on how to play Through the Ages below:
- The game starts with the first round, where players will have a few civil actions.
- Players can take cards from the card row depending on how they would like their civilisations to grow.
- Each players turn will result in the production of resources, food and science.
- On the second round players can begin to build and develop their civilisations by using their actions and taking cards.
- During this round players will also have the option to draw military cards.
- In the third round all players will have military cards to plot manoeuvres or improve their military forces.
- Once the Age I civil card have ran out the Age of Exploration will begin.
- Discard some antiquated cards and watch as the population get increasingly demanding.
- When the Age II civil deck has ran out, grant each character at least one turn to apply finishing touches.
- After all the players have taken their equal amount of turns the game will end.
- The player with the most culture points wins!
Find the full list of components for Through the Ages below:
- Card Row
- Culture Board
- Science Board
- Military Board
- Current Age Board
- 4 Player Boards
- 179 Civil Cards
- 150 Military Cards
- 250 Plastic Cubes
- 28 Wooden Tokens
- Sticker Sheet
- 4 Quick Reference Sheets