The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth is for 1-5 players aged 14 years and over. The companion app is required for gameplay and instructs you on what to do. Become a Middle-Earth hero by mastering skills and earning powerful weapons to battle against evil.
The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth provides you with different choices of actions to create your own unique experience. Characters can travel up to two spaces and explore the land by using the app, interact with the use of tokens or attack the enemy and perform tests. The outcome of the game will be dependent on the rally phase where you will either accomplish the mission or the threat will become too high!
The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth Gameplay
- Download the companion app on either Apple or Google Play Store.
- Pick the character of your choosing and get the five cards with your character’s name on them.
- Pick up numbers one to six of the basic cards and collect the role cards stated on the back of the character’s card.
- Get a weakness card at random and collect the items for your character.
- Place your figure on the starting tile indicated by the app.
- Choose between moving, interacting or attacking.
- Once a player has completed their actions, the next player will start their turn.
- When all players have taken their action phase, the shadow phase begins.
- The shadow phase is mainly shown on the app and will display the placement and attacks of monsters.
- The rally phase will now begin and you will either accomplish the mission or the threat level will get too high and you will lose the game.
- Rules Reference
- Learn to Play Guide
- 22 Double-Sided Board Tiles
- 28 Damage Cards
- 6 Hero Sheets
- 83 Item Cards
- 15 Advantage Cards
- 2 Double-Sided Battle Boards
- 21 Tile Cards
- 30 Basic Skill Cards
- 30 Hero Skill Cards
- 72 Combat Skill Cards
- 20 Weakness Cards
- 10 Terrain Cards
- 31 Plastic Miniatures
- 30 Assorted Terrain Tokens
- 12 Enemy Banners
- 12 Plastic Bases
- 84 Assorted Game Effect Tokens