The Castles of Burgundy is a complex strategy game for 2-4 players aged 12 years and over. Take on the role of princes as you build estates surrounded by colourful artwork and quality construction to compete against other players.
Spark your imagination and develop a strategy so that you win against your components over five rounds. Players must be alert throughout the whole game as the two game boards are needed to play and earn victory points. This will help earn the victory points required to win the game as players acquire wealth, possessions and knowledge.
The Castles of Burgundy Gameplay
Find out how to play The Castles of Burgundy below:
- All players begin by rolling two dice, the first player will also need to roll the white die.
- All dice will then by placed in front of players for all to see.
- The first player will take the topmost goods tile and place it on the space with the number equal to the white die.
- During a players turn they have a choice to perform two of four actions.
- They can take a corresponding settlement tile and place it in the staging area.
- Move a settlement tile from the staging area to a corresponding place on the board.
- Deliver goods with a matching number.
- Last action is to take worker tokens.
- Meanwhile, players can also buy tiles which offers benefits.
- The game will end after the last player has finished their fifth round.
- Player with the most points wins!
Find the full list of game components for The Castles of Burgundy below:
- Game Board
- 6 Player Boards
- 164 Six-Sided Tiles
- 42 Good Tiles
- 20 Silverlings
- 30 Worker Tiles
- 12 Bonus Tiles
- 4 Victory Pieces
- 8 Playing Pieces
- 9 Dice