Terraforming Mars Prelude is an expansion pack for the original game which provides for 1-5 players aged 12 years and over. Terraforming Mars requires players to use project cards to build cities, establish greenhouse gases and introduce animals to make the planet habitable for the human race. However, this process comes with three difficulties as the temperature is too cold, there’s a lack of oxygen and a lack of oceans. To win the game these three factors will need solving, the player with the most points will become the winner.
Terraforming Mars Prelude expansion can be used alongside any expansions as well as the original game. This expansion focuses on the early stages of the game and includes backgrounds of companies. Cards have effects that will boost players progress based on the corporation they choose, opening up a new range of possibilities. Included in this pack is 5 corporation cards and 7 project cards so the adventure can continue!
Terraforming Mars Prelude Gameplay
Below is an overview of how to play Terraforming Mars:
- Starting with the research phase, all players will purchase cards from the four drawn.
- Throughout the action phase players will complete actions including playing a card, claiming a milestone, funding an award and many more.
- This phase will continue in a clockwise order until each player has taken a turn.
- During the production phase, players will use the resources according to their terraform rating.
- When the temperature, oxygen and ocean parameters have achieved their goal the terraform will be complete.
- The player with the highest terraform ratings wins!
The full game components for Terraforming Mars Prelude will be listed below:
- 35 Prelude Cards
- 5 Corporation Cards
- 7 Project Cards
- Rules Sheet