Tapestry is a game where 1-5 players aged 12 years or over create civilisations using different advancement tracks such as exploration, military, technology and science. Build your own unique city and earn victory points over five rounds.
The science track helps players move up other tracks at a faster pace. This gives them stronger abilities and faster speed so they build landmarks before quicker. Military track offers benefits and the ability to conquer discovered land. Players can also gain another civilisation mat when reaching the last space. Technology gives players new cards as well as helping upgrade others. This track also offers cheap benefits as costs start to increase. Exploration allows players to draw new tiles and gain benefits. Players can also place farms into their capital city.
The game starts by players choosing their civilisations and city map which will need populating with both building and landmarks. Each round of the game is played using income and advance turns so players can begin gaining resources.
Here you will find a simplified version of how to play Tapestry:
- To begin the game, each player will choose a civilisation and get a player board.
- Place the buildings required on the player boards and also grab a city map.
- During an income turn, players will collect the resources shown on the building tracks.
- Advancement turns require players to spend the resources shown.
- Different tracks are available to players and include various abilities.
- This means that players may end the game at different times.
- The game will continue until all players have finish five eras.
- The player with the most points at the end of the game wins!
The full list of components for Tapestry are in a list below:
- Game Board
- 2 Reference Guides
- 18 Painted Landmark Miniatures
- 100 Income Building Miniatures
- 16 Asymmetric Civilisation Mats
- 6 Capital City Mats
- 5 Income Mats
- 43 Tapestry Cards
- 7 Trap Cards
- 48 Territory Tiles
- 15 Space Tiles
- 33 Tech Cards
- 3 Custom Dice
- 65 Player Tokens
- 50 Outpost Tokens
- Custom Insert
- 28 Automa Cards
- Automa Mat
- Automa Rulebook
- 6 Reference Cards
- Landmark Board