Small World is a race for 2-5 players aged 8 years and over to take control of regions. Numbers of rounds is based on the number of players and could last up to 90 minutes. Each player will claim their territory using race tokens which score victory points. Eventually, the small world will become full, and players will have to send their race into decline and start a new race.
The fantasy small world includes dwarves, wizards, amazons, giants, and orcs to help us humans build our empire. Rush to the finish line and the player with the most victory points will win!
Small World Gameplay
- Select one race from the list. Look at the two numbers and add them up to see how many tokens you will have.
- Starting on any coastal region, place two tokens and plus one for every extra piece on that region.
- Take regions adjacent to the ones you control until you run out of tokens.
- If you run out of tokens but want to take a region, roll the reinforcement die and add that to the number of tokens you have left.
- To defend, rearrange your tokens within the regions you control and leave at least one on each territory.
- Collect one victory coin for each region you own.
- When a player conquers another players region, one of the defending tokens will be killed.
- On your next turn, leave one of your tokens on each region you own. You can abandon regions by simply taking away every token.
- Your empire will eventually become too large to expand, so you may choose to decline.
- Declined races lose their special abilities, but dwarves will still receive bonus points and you can choose a new active race.
- At the end of the game, the player with the most victory points wins.
- 4 Maps
- 6 Player Summary Sheets
- 14 Fantasy Race Banners
- 1 Blank Fantasy Race Banner
- 168 Matching Race Tokens
- 18 Lost Tribe Tokens
- 20 Unique Special Power Badges
- 10 Troll Lairs
- 6 Fortresses
- 9 Mountains
- 5 Encampments
- 2 Holes-in-the-Ground
- 2 Heroes
- 109 Victory Coins
- Reinforcement Die
- Game Turn Marker