Sheriff of Nottingham is a family board game where 3-5 players aged 13 years or over will tell a mixture of lies and truths to make it past the Sheriff. Throughout the game players will take on roles of merchants and the Sheriff himself to win points!
Players will have to declare the amount of goods they wish to take into the city of Nottingham. However, players will be able to lie about the exact contents in the bag. The Sheriff will determine who gains entry, who will be inspected and who will be denied access. Do you have what it takes to win the game?
Sheriff of Nottingham Gameplay
Find a simplified version of how to play Sheriff of Nottingham below:
- The game begins with the Market Phase, each player will replace their cards and discard any they do not want.
- Load Merchant Bag by putting one to five cards into the bag.
- For the Declaration Phase, players must be honest about the number of cards they have put in the bag but not necessarily about which cards they are.
- During the Inspection Phase the Sheriff will chose bags at random to inspect.
- Players may bribe the Sheriff so they can claim back their bag.
- The game ends when every player has been the Sheriff twice.
- Player with the highest score wins!
Find the full list of game components for Sheriff of Nottingham below:
- Sheriff Marker
- 5x Merchant Boards
- 5x Merchant Bags
- 12x Royal Goods Cards
- 60x Contraband Cards
- 110x Coin Tokens
- 144x Legal Goods Cards