Scythe is a board game where 1-5 players aged 14 years and over will conquer, recruit and build. Control your fate as you progress throughout the game by using unique abilities and upgrading actions.
Lasting around 2 hours per game, players must rebuild the country and claim any territories left after the war. Players will choose different countries to play within Europe and compete for the victory points needed to win. The game will end when a player has placed their sixth star on their economy board. All players will then total up their scores and the highest will win!
Simplified rules on how to play Scythe can be found below:
- To start the game, each player is assigned a faction with powers and abilities.
- Each player will need to get an economy board each.
- Players will begin their turn by selecting a column of actions.
- Produce allows players to add resources per worker to regions.
- Trade give you two of any chosen resources or added popularity.
- Bolster will increase players military power or give combat cards.
- Move means the player can move two to three units a space each.
- Upgrade means players can move a cube from the top to bottom row.
- Deploy allows players to gain new powers.
- Build lets you place a special building on your board.
- Recruit gains you advantages and a bonus.
- Actions and secret missions will gain you stars and power.
- The game ends when a player has placed their sixth star.
- The player with the most points wins!
Below is a full list of game components for Scythe:
- Game Box
- Game Board
- Cardboard Insert
- 2 Rulebooks
- Quick-Reference Guide
- Achievement Sheet
- 2 Power Dials
- 80 Cardboard Coins
- 6 Bonus Tiles
- 138 Cards
- 12 Plastic Bags
- 243 Tokens
- 20 Mech Miniatures
- 5 Character Miniatures
- 5 Mats
- 30 Technology Cubes