Sagrada is a game where players can build colourful stained-glass windows using transparent dice. Players aged 13 years or over can join up to another 3 players for around 30 minutes of window crafting.
For each round two dice will be given to each player, plus one die. For example, if you have three players that will be seven dice. These dice will be rolled and players will choose one to add to their window. A new die must be placed adjacent to previously placed dice (orthogonally or diagonally) and no dice of the same value or colour can be placed orthogonally adjacent to each other.
The player with the most points after 10 round of the game will become the winner!
Below is an overview of how to play Sagrada:
- Shuffle private objective cards and deal one to each player face-down.
- Deal each player two random window pattern cards. Choose one to play and slide it in the window frame.
- Each player receives favour tokens equal to the difficulty of the pattern found in the lower right corner of your window pattern card.
- Deal three cards from the tool and objective decks face-up in the middle of the playing area.
- First player will get dice equal to the number of players out of the bag and roll them. Two players equals five dice, three players equals seven dice and four players equals nine.
- During a turn, a player may decide to add dice. The first die must be touching the edge of the window and the others must be adjacent to an existing die. The dice chosen must match the colour or value found on the space.
- Players may also activate tool cards. Play a favour token on the tool card and use the ability listed.
- After a full round, the draft order reverses and starts with the last player.
- When the round ends, take the remaining die and place it on the round counter to mark the beginning of the next round.
- After ten rounds the game will end and points will be added up. Unused favour tokens are worth one point each and each open space on a players board takes away one point.
- The player with the most victory points wins the game!
Components included with the game are listed below:
- 90 Translucent Dice
- 4 Player Boards
- 12 Window Pattern Cards
- 12 Tool Cards
- 15 Objective Cards
- Dice Bag
- Round Track
- 4 Score Markers
- 24 Favour Tokens