Rising Sun is a board game for 3-5 players aged 14 years and over. The successor to Blood Rage focuses on negotiations, alliances, and war. Worship the Kami and lead your clan to victory as you seek profitable alliances and use politics to your advantage.
Each player will have their own clan with its own unique power along with a series of miniatures, distinguishable by their colour bases. Rising Sun plays out over 4 rounds knows as seasons, with some providing special abilities.
Use your resources wisely as you battle it out to gain victory points. Concentrate on your competition as the player with the most points at the end of the winter season will be the announced winner!
Rising Sun Gameplay
Below we have provided a brief overview of the different type of seasons:
- Each season starts with a tea ceremony, in which players negotiate.
- During the political phase, players select political mandates to prepare their clans.
- The war phase is where players battle and try to win victory points.
- Once the war phase is over, you must discard coins, return Shinto and return political mandates.
- Winter season signifies the end of the game. Players may gain extra points for winter upgrades, war province tokens and war province set bonus.
- The player with the most points at the end is the winner. In the event of a tie, the player with the highest honor will win.
- 1 Main Board (Map of Japan)
- 7 God Tiles
- 30 Coins
- 5 Clan Screens
- 10 Coloured Clan Tokens
- 5 Clan Alliance Tokens
- 30 Bushi (Samurai) Figures (6 Per Clan)
- 15 Shinto (Monk) Figures (3 Per Clan)
- 5 Daimyo (Warlord) Figures (1 Per Clan)
- 8 Monster Figures
- 20 Strongholds Tokens (4 Per Clan)
- 9 Political Mandate Cards
- 24 War Tokens
- 8 Numbered War Tokens
- 5 Two-Sided Reference Tiles
Rising Sun Overview