Mission: Red Planet offers 2-6 players aged 14 years and over the chance to discover space and provide resources for Earth. Celerium is an ore that can produce ten times the power of a steam engine and has been found on Mars. So, find this and you may just become the most successful mining company.
This 2015 edition of Mission: Red Planet is similar to the original 2005 version, but with a few added features. The components for this game now allows for up to six players instead of the original five and also includes special two-player rules. There is a new variety of cards as well as Mars’ moon Phobos as a new zone astronauts can explore!
Gain the most points by mining resources and completing mission cards to win the game!
Mission: Red Planet Gameplay
Listed below is an overview of how to play:
- Each player will choose one player card and place it face down in front of them.
- First player begins announcing each character number. Each player who has a card matching the number will reveal it and resolve its effects.
- Ships become full when the number of astronauts is equal to the capacity number. When full the ship will launch.
- Ships land on Mars and unload all astronauts. When an astronaut is placed in a zone with a resource token they must reveal it.
- New ships will be docked at the launchpad and the first player will draw one ship card.
- The player who last resolved their character effect is now assigned the first player.
- The first player will slide the gauge clockwise to indicate the phase that occurs next.
- During the production phases players will receive point tokens based on the majority in each zone.
- For the reveal discovery phase the first player will flip all discovery cards and resolve them.
- In the final scoring phase, players determine whether their mission cards have been completed. Calculate final scores by adding or subtracting points, tokens and discoveries.
- Player with the highest score wins the game.
Find the components of the game listed below:
- Game Board of Mars, Moon of Phobos & Lost in Space Memorial
- Round Tracker
- 132 Sculpted Plastic Astronauts
- 36 Ship Cards
- 54 Character Cards
- 30 Event Cards
- Global Mission Card
- 150 Resource, Point & Destination Tokens