Mansions of Madness: Second Edition is for 1-5 players aged 14 years and over. Encounter the thrilling and unpredictable adventure haunted with monsters as you try to solve the mystery. The companion app takes control of spawning monsters and creating events, so you have no idea how the game will play out.
Mansions of Madness: Second Edition can be played as a solo game due to the app leading the story. Collect weapons and information as you work your way through the mansions full of horror and mystery while fighting for survival.
This game includes miniatures to bring the game to life, so be creative and add artwork to create the mysterious theme!
Mansions of Madness: Second Edition Gameplay
Below you will find a brief overview of how to play the game. However, the companion app will talk you through the actions available so you will know exactly what to do:
- Download the companion app on either the Apple or Google Play Store.
- Choose the scenario and characters you wish to play using the app.
- Assign the items provided to the characters of your choosing.
- Perform actions by clicking on explore.
- Take actions such as moving, attacking and exploring as you move around the mansion by using the app.
- Begin the mythos phase after your investigations and follows scenarios, such as attacking more monsters.
- Horror checks happen when you are within range of a monster so you can check against the levels of horror.
- When the investigator phase begins, roll the number of dice found on your card and perform the results.
- Players continue rounds of the game until they have either won or lost the game.
- Learn to Play Booklet
- Rules Reference
- 24 Map Tiles
- 16 Search/Interact Tokens
- 16 Explore/Sight Tokens
- 22 People Tokens
- 4 Barricade Tokens
- 4 Secret Passage Tokens
- 18 Fire/Darkness Tokens
- 8 Wall Tokens
- 8 Door Tokens
- 6 ID Tokens
- 26 Clue Tokens
- 24 Monster Tokens and Matching Miniatures
- 5 Dice
- 1st Edition Conversion Kit
- 8 Investigators
- 40 Common Items
- 24 Unique Items
- 37 Condition Cards
- 30 Spell Cards
- 40 Damage Cards
- 40 Horror Cards