Machi Koro enables 2-4 players aged 10 years or over to build and develop the city. This fast-paced game is dependent on dice rolls which can earn players new establishments or even landmarks. For example, if a player rolls a total that matches the value on their establishment they can earn coins. This money can then be used to build landmarks, adding wealth to the city.
The city of Machi Koro currently consist of only a bakery and a wheat field, so this will need lots of luck and money to achieve the demands. Due to this, the first player able to construct all four landmarks known as the Train Station, Shopping Mall, Amusement Park and Radio Tower will win the game!
Machi Koro Gameplay
Find an overview on how to play Machi Koro below:
- Begin the first phase by rolling one die on your turn.
- For the next phase you will compare the values on your establishments with the value you rolled, if they match the effects will be triggered and you can earn income.
- After you have earned your income you will enter the construction phase.
- During this phase you can use your coins to buy a new establishment.
- Remember to always resolve red buildings first, then green or blue and finally the purple.
- Instead of constructing establishments some players may want to complete landmarks by paying its cost.
- Landmarks provide special powers which activate when flipped over.
- When a player has completed their fourth landmark they win the game!
The full list if components for Machi Koro will be found below:
- 24 Starting Cards
- 84 Cards to Buy
- 54 Money Tokens
- 2 Dice