Letters from Whitechapel is a game centered around the murders of Jack the Ripper. The Dear Boss expansion furthers the investigation as 2-6 players aged 14 and over play the role of Jack and investigators.
Letters from Whitechapel: Dear Boss Expansion includes three new card decks to help aid either the Police or Jack. Alongside this you will also get 12 new miniatures to replace the pawns from the base game. Gain a better insight into the lives of those played out the tragedy of 1888 and the letters signed by Jack the Ripper.
Investigators will need to track down the killer before time runs out and he disappears!
Letters from Whitechapel: Dear Boss Expansion Gameplay
Below we have provided rules on how to set up the Dear Boss expansion pack:
- Add the Policeman Cards to the Letters from Whitechapel base game. Also distribute the Policeman Cards with the reference sheets of the corresponding colour.
- If the first game was an easy victory for Jack, add the Jack Suspect Cards and Policeman Cards to the base game. During step 4, shuffle the Jack Suspect cards marked as level 1 and draw one at random.
- If the first game was an easy victory for the Police, add the Potential Victim Cards to the base game. After step 5, Jack will shuffle these cards and draw 8 at random.
- Balanced games will require Police and Potential Victim Cards. After step 5, Jack will shuffle the Potential Victim Cards and draw 8 at random.
- When setting up the third game, you can add cards you have not used yet.
All expansion pack components are listed below:
- 23 Jack Suspects Cards
- 5 Police Agent Cards
- 12 Potential Victim Cards
- 12 Fantastic Miniatures
- New Jack’s Screen
- Rule Sheet