Jaws Board Game is an adventure game where 2-4 players aged 12 years and over will re-enact the Steven Spielberg movie. Jaws is split into two different acts that mirror the two halves of the movie. Act one focuses on the shark making its first attempts to get near tourists while the crew members try to spot it and save swimmers. The second act refers to the Orca ship known as Quint’s vessel. Crew members have to use good action and strategy cards to battle the shark and save the boat.
This suspense game is perfect for all the family to join in on. If the shark is killed, the crew achieve victory. However, if the shark manages to attack the Orca they win!
Jaws Board Gameplay
Here is a simplified version of how to play Jaws Board Game:
- Act one is plays using three phases: Event Phase, Shark Phase and Crew Phase.
- Start the Event Phase by revealing the top card of the Amity Event deck and place the swimmers accordingly.
- Read the Event text out loud and follow the instructions, this may require immediate action.
- During the Shark Phase the Shark is given the option of three actions and a power token.
- Possible actions are Move, Eat a Swimmer, Motion Sensors, Power Tokens, Feeding Frenzy, Evasive Moves, Out of Sight and Speed Burst.
- The Crew Phase gives every crew members the ability to take four actions.
- These actions are dependent on the crew member.
- Quint can Move, Rescue a Swimmer, Pick up Barrels and Launch a Barrel.
- Brody can Move, Rescue a Swimmer, Pick up a Barrel, Drop a Barrel, Close the Beach and Use Binoculars.
- Hooper can Move, Rescue a Swimmer, Pick up a Barrel, Give Barrels to Quint and Use Fish Finder.
- Act one ends if the crew attaches two barrels to the shark or the swimmer tracker reached nine.
- Once act one has ended, act two will begin.
- Act two plays in rounds consisting of six steps known as Resurface Options, Shark Chooses, Crew Prepares, Shark Reveals, Crew Attacks and Shark Attacks.
- Once the shark finishes their attack the round will end.
- The game ends when either all three members are eliminated, the Orca has been destroyed or the shark’s wound tracker reaches x.
Find the full list of game components for Jaws Board Game below:
- Double Sided Game Board
- Shark Mover
- 2 Boat Movers
- 3 Crew Movers
- 16 Shark Ability Cards
- 16 Resurface Cards
- 22 Gear Cards
- 16 Amity Event Cards
- 3 Dice
- Shark Tracker Pad
- 4 Character Boards
- 4 Boat Tiles
- 40 Tokens