Doom: The Board Game is a strategy game for 2-5 players aged 14 years and over. The game features two distinct player roles known as the Marines and the Invaders. Strive to achieve your objectives such as restoring the power to the Union Aerospace while the invader commands the demons to destroy all humanity.
Each operation includes six missions all with unique objectives. Using card decks they must aim to complete their mission using strategic skills and abilities. The team to complete their objective first wins the game!
Doom: The Board Game Gameplay
Below is a simplified version of how to play Doom: The Board Game
- Each round consists of two phases, once these are completed play will proceed to the next round.
- The Status Phase consists of the invader adding and removing initiative cards from the deck.
- They will draw event cards until they have a hand of six.
- The Activation Phase reveals the top card of the initiative deck.
- The corresponding marine will activate and perform actions.
- If a player reveals an invader initiative card, the invader will choose a demon and activate all figures of that type.
- Activation continues until there is no cards left and a new round will start.
- The game ends when the invader or marines complete their objective.
- The objective of the marines is to open at least one door to summon demons and kill them all.
- The objective of the invaders is to gain frag tokens determined by the number of marines.
The full list of game components will be in a list below:
- How to Play Guide
- Operation Guide
- Rules Reference
- 37 Plastic Figures
- 5 Dice
- 196 Cards
- 187 Tokens
- 24 Map Tiles
- 8 Plastic Stands