Dixit is made up of colourful and creative cards that look quite strange. The aim of the game is for 3-6 players aged 8 and over to pick a storyteller to describe these cards in as much detail as they choose. The remaining players will then use the cards they have and choose the one they believe fits the description. Be confident in your choosing, because the card you choose and vote for will determine which player gets points.
In Dixit either the first player to 30 points, or the player with the highest points when the deck has run out becomes the winner!
- Each player chooses a colour and takes voting tokens equal to the number of players.
- Place each player’s rabbit on the start square.
- Shuffle the cards and deal 6 to each player.
- The chosen active player will pick one card from their hand and describe it which as much detail as they choose.
- The remaining players will now pick a card from their hand that they think matches the description.
- The active player will shuffle these cards and flip them over, revealing them to all players.
- Every player, apart from the active player, will now use their voting token to secretly pick which card they think is the active players.
- Players will reveal their choices by placing the tokens on the card they picked.
- The active player will then reveal which card is theirs.
- If all players find the active players card, the active player receives 0 points and every other player receives 2.
- If no player finds the correct card, then the active player receives 0 points and every other player receives 2 points.
- Every other player also receives 1 bonus point per vote on their card.
- If at least one player finds the active card, the active player receives 3 points as well as the player who found it.
- The first player to 30 points wins. However, if the draw deck runs out before then, the player with the most points will win.
- Game Board
- 84 Cards
- 36 Voting Tokens
- 6 Wooden Rabbits