Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition unites heroes to work together against an ancient evil. Using a dice-based system, trigger special effects and begin your journey through the quest.
For 1-5 players aged 14 years and over, build your characters abilities and weapons to defeat the horror awaiting you as you venture through caves, forests and ancient ruins. Whether you are a newcomer or not, this game will appeal as danger lurks in every shadow. Journeys in the Dark Second Edition features new heroes and monsters with a new set of rules so you can continue the gameplay and narrative.
Stay vigilant, as the overlord has access to all monsters trying to put your quest to a miserable end. The first hero to satisfy the victory conditions will become the winner of the game!
Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition Gameplay
Find the rules for Descent: Journeys in the Dark below:
- Any effects affecting the active hero that are triggered “until the start of your next turn” or “at the start of your turn” will either start or end now. The hero player will refresh any exhausted cards to begin the turn.
- If the hero wishes to equip items, do so now. Any excess items are flipped facedown and will not be used.
- The hero will receive two actions, perform these in the order of your choosing. Examples of actions are: Move, Attack, Use a Skill, Rest, Search and so on.
- Once the hero has finished their actions, flip the activation card facedown and the next hero begins their turn.
- The first hero to satisfy the victory conditions wins the game!
A list of the components can be found below:
- Quest Guide
- 8 Hero Figures
- 31 Monster Figures
- 9 Dice
- 250 Cards
- 48 Map Tiles
- 150 Tokens