Coup is a game for 2-6 players aged 13 years or over which requires players to tell as many lies as they can to gain power. Every player will have two face-down roles that allow you to perform unique actions. An example of this would be the Duke being able to take three coins rather than one from the supply and counteract players from attempting to collect foreign aid.
When suspecting a player, you can call them out. If successful, they will lose a life but if unsuccessful you will lose a life. A Coup is an action that cannot be stopped and removes a players life, time this action correctly and you may be closer to winning the game.
This quick-paced game eliminates players until only one is left standing and becomes the winner. Coup usually lasts no longer than 15 minutes, so time your actions and learn the habits of your fellow players to be in for the chance of winning!
Below is a brief overview on how to play Coup:
- Coup is played in turns in clockwise order, each turn a player will choose one action: Character Action, General Actions and Counteractions.
- After the action has been chosen, other players will have the opportunity to challenge it. If not challenged, the action succeeds.
- When a player loses all influence they are out of the game and must leave cards face-up and return all coins.
- The game ends when there is only one player left.
- The last player standing becomes the winner of the game!
All components for Coup are listed below:
- Duke Cards x3
- Assassin Cards x3
- Captain Cards x3
- Ambassador Cards x3
- Contessa Cards x3
- Summary Cards x6
- Coins x50