Coloubrain Mini Game invites you to gather your colours and participate in some quality entertainment. Once again you can bring 2+ players aged 14 and above to split up into the teams of your choosing. This Mini version of Colourbrain can be used either as an expansion pack to the original game or be played entirely on its own as a travel game. Using your 11 different colours, answer the question from the pile in the middle of the playing area and score yourself a point for every team that gets the question wrong.
If all the teams get a question wrong, no-one scores, if all teams get the question right, it starts a roll over. This means that a team earns a bonus point if they get the next question right. If everyone gets it right during the next round then two points roll over to the next question, and so on. In the event every team plays a wrong answer on a roll over question, then all roll over points are lost.
If a team go into the lead you can slow them down by paying a colour capture card! This card can only be played once and only against the team in the lead, so use it wisely. The number on your colour capture card reveals how many cards you can blindly pick from the team in the lead. This team will then have to play the next round without these cards before they get them back.
Colourbrain Mini Gameplay
Below is a simplified set of steps to play the Colourbrain Mini Game:
- Split into two to four teams which as many players as you would like on each one.
- Give each team a set on the eleven colour cards.
- Deal out one colour catcher card to each team at random.
- Place a pile of question cards in the middle of the table with the question facing upwards.
- Use the colours to answer the question, first team to place their cards down will shout ‘Colourbrain’.
- Remaining teams now have only 10 seconds to play their cards or they will miss out.
- All teams can now flip over their colour cards to reveal what colours they chose.
- Flip over the question card to reveal the answer.
- If you have answered correctly and at least one other team has got it wrong, you can reward yourself a point for each team who got the wrong answer.
- The first team to 10 points wins!
- 120 Cards