Rounds of Colourbrain begins with a simple question, you will answer these using 11 colour cards in your designated teams. An example of a question would be: ‘What are the five colours of the Olympic rings?’ If you are lucky and other teams answer incorrectly, reward yourself a point for each team who got the answer wrong. If all the teams get a question wrong, no-one scores. However, if all teams get the question right it starts a roll over and this means that a team earns a bonus point if they get the next question right. If each team gets it right during the next round then two points roll over to the next question and so on. In the event of every team playing a wrong answer on a roll over question then all points are lost.
Supposing a team go into the lead, you can slow them down by playing a colour capture card. This card will be played once and only against the team in the lead. The number on your colour capture card reveals how many cards you can blindly pick from the team; this means they will have to play the next round without these cards.
Colourbrain can be played individually or in teams for all players aged 14 and over, making it ideal for large gatherings of people looking for 30 minutes of competition per game. This colourful board game is extremely easy to learn has over 300 questions that the whole family can join in on. If you happen to be no good at quizzes, there is no need to worry as the answers are quite literally in your hand!
Below is a simplified set of steps to play the Colourbrain:
- Split into two to four teams which as many players as you would like on each one.
- Give each team a set on the eleven colour cards.
- Deal out one colour catcher card to each team at random.
- Place a pile of question cards in the middle of the table with the question facing upwards.
- Use the colours to answer the question, first team to place their cards down will shout ‘Colourbrain’.
- Remaining teams now have only 10 seconds to play their cards or they will miss out.
- All teams can now flip over their colour cards to reveal what colours they chose.
- Flip over the question card to reveal the answer.
- If you have answered correctly and at least one other team has got it wrong, reward yourself a point for each team who got it wrong!
In this game of crafty questions and colourful answers you can find:
- 344 Cards
- Stamper Pen
- 1 Score Pad
How to play Colourbrain
We have also provided instructions on how to play Colourbrain on video call – Colourbrain Video Call