Codenames: Pictures requires 2 teams with 2-8 players. The spies will have to work out one-worded clues given by the spy master which represent the images displayed. The spies must try to correctly find their agents by carefully choosing where they think they are located. Be careful, as behind one of the locations is the assassin which will immediately end the game and declare the opposing team as winners.
Codenames: Pictures is recommended for players aged 10 and over with 15 minutes to spare per game. Work together as spies to contact agents and claim victory. This version has been made suitable for younger players to participate by introducing pictures instead of words. For example, there is pictures of animals and teddy bears to keep the children intrigued. So, now the whole family can get guessing and find all agents to win the game!
Codenames: Pictures Gameplay
Find the instructions for Codenames: Pictures below:
- First teams spy master should look at all the pictures they know are theirs.
- The spy master will think of a single word that describes some of those pictures.
- Spy master will then say this word out loud along with a number.
- The team will now have to try and figure out what it means.
- When ready to make a guess, one player from the team will touch the card they wish to choose.
- If the codename relates to an agent of that team, the spy master will cover the picture with an agent of their colour.
- However, if the team touches another agent card the opponents get to put their agents on the picture instead.
- If a team touches an innocent bystander, cover it with the relating tile and the turn immediately ends.
- In the event they choose the space where the assassin is located, the game immediately ends and the other team wins.
- The game continues until one team has all their pictures covered and they win!
- 14 Agent Cards
- 1 Double Agent Card
- 4 Innocent Bystander Cards
- 60 Key Cards
- Card Stand
- 140 Cards