Codenames Marvel is a great party game for 2-8 players aged 8 years and over. The chosen spymaster of each team will have to make up clues to match the words they have been given. These words are all visible to players in a 5×5 grid, they just don’t know which ones. Two teams will have to compete and be the first to guess the clues given by their spymaster to win.
Players need to guess carefully as they must avoid choosing the other teams clues and the hidden assassin which will immediately end the game. However, they also have a limited number of guess and wrong answers so the entertainment never stops. Not only is this game fun to play but it’s incredibly easily to learn, perfect for all Marvel fans. The first team to identify all the correct cards belonging to the spymaster will win Codenames Marvel!
Codenames Marvel Gameplay
A simplified version on how to play Codenames Marvel will be found below:
- The game begins with the spymaster of the team giving a one-word clue relating to their asset cards.
- Agents will then guess which cards they believe belong to the spymaster.
- The spymaster will reveal whether they have guessed correctly or not by covering them with the appropriate card.
- The turn will end when agents guess wrongly, stop or have used all their guesses.
- The first team to identify all the correct asset cards will win!
Below is a full list of game components for Codenames Marvel:
- 200 Codename Cards
- 40 Key Cards
- 25 Cover Cards
- Card Stand