Codenames: Duet is a couples board game where 2-4 players aged 11 years or over will test their luck. Using only one-word clues players will need to figure out which cards belong to agents without looking.
The 5×5 table includes a mixture of agents, bystanders and an assassin. Within the time limit, players will pick out the agent cards without getting caught by the assassin. If they choose an assassin then both players will lose, choose a bystander and your time will run out. Alternate between giving clues and be careful with the decisions you make as all 15 agents will need to be found before time runs out to win! Are you feeling lucky?
Codenames: Duet Gameplay
Find a simplified version of how to play Codenames: Duet below:
- Once the cards have been set up players will start guessing which ones belong to agents before time runs out.
- To help them choose the right cards one-word clues will be given as well as a number.
- Players will place a finger on the card they have chosen, if they identify an agent then can continue guessing.
- If players guess a bystander, their time will end.
- Identify an assassin and both players will lose.
- The aim of the game is to reveal all fifteen agents before time runs out to win the game!
The full list of game components for Codenames: Duet is below:
- Clue Cards
- Assassin Tiles
- Mission Maps
- 15x Agent Tiles
- 100x Key Cards
- 11x Bystander Tokens