In Codenames, 2 teams with 2-8 players will have to work out one-worded clues given by the spy master. The spymasters are both given a grid that reveals the locations of all the agents, they must come up with clever clues to reveal these locations to the team. Be careful with the words you choose, as behind one of them is the assassin which will immediately end the game and declare the opposing team as winners.
Codenames is recommended for players aged 14 and over with 15 minutes to spare. Work together as teams to figure out the correct words and claim victory. This is a great party game full of suspense for all players. Not only is it fun to play, but it is also extremely easy to learn. So, what are you waiting for? Find the agents now!
Find the instructions for Codenames below:
- First teams spy master should look at all the words they know are theirs.
- The spy master will think of a single word that describes some of those words.
- Spy master will then say this word out loud along with a number.
- The team will now have to try and figure out what it means.
- When ready to make a guess, one player from the team will touch the card they wish to choose.
- If the codename relates to an agent of that team, the spy master will cover the word with an agent of their colour.
- However, if the team touches another agent card the opponents get to put their agents on the word instead.
- If a team touches an innocent bystander, cover it with the relating tile and the turn immediately ends.
- In the event they choose the space where the assassin is located, the game immediately ends and the other team wins.
- The game continues until one team has all their words covered and they win!
- 16 Agent Cards
- 1 Double Agent Card
- 7 Innocent Bystander Cards
- 1 Assassin Card
- 40 Key Cards
- Card Stand
- 200 Cards