Betrayal at House on the Hill is a game where players can build their mansion tile by tile. Designed for 3-6 players aged 12 years or over you can discover multiple scenarios with different layouts so that no two games are the same.
One sneaky player will betray the rest of the party in secret while the other members must figure them out before its too late. This strategic and suspenseful game will appeal to any player looking for some spooky fun.
Including detailed game pieces, character card, painted plastic figure and special tokens this game has everything you need to create the ultimate eerie atmosphere required for quality entertainment. Simply complete all objectives with at least one hero alive!
Betrayal at House on the Hill Gameplay
On your turn you can do the following actions:
- Move – You can move up to a number of spaces equal to your characters speed. Actions such as using items or attacking can also be performed in the middle of movement. Whenever a game effect makes you draw a card, you must stop moving for the rest of your turn.
- Discover a new room – When entering a doorway look at the top tile on the room stack. If it has the name of the floor you are on (basement, ground or upper) you can turn it over and connect it to the doorway. Once you have moved into that room you have discovered it and can make rooms by connecting doors.
- Use Item/Omen Cards – When discovering a room with a symbol, you must end your move and draw the appropriate card. If it has an item symbol draw an item card, these can be used once on each of your turns. If it has an omen symbol, draw an omen card and make a haunt roll is it has not already begun.
- Attempt a die roll – You may need to make a die roll for a card you drew. If instructed to roll a die, do so and add the number shown to get your results.
- Make an Attack – During your turn you can attack an opponent in the same room. Both roll a dice equal to your might, whoever told the highest result will inflict physical damage.
- Traitor’s Tome Book
- Secrets of Survival Book
- 44 Room Tiles
- Entrance Hall/Foyer/Grand Staircase Tile
- 6 Plastic Explorer Figures
- 6 Two-Sided Character Cards
- 30 Plastic Clips
- 8 Dice
- Turn/Damage Track
- 13 Omen Cards
- 22 Item Cards
- 45 Event Cards
- 12 Large Circular Monster Tokens
- 91 Small Circular Monster Tokens
- 14 Square Event/Room Tokens
- 14 Pentagonal Item Tokens
- 18 Triangular Trait Roll Tokens