Azul: Summer Pavilion is a game for 2-4 players aged 8 years or over who wish to fulfil the wishes of King Manuel I, who sadly died before the construction of his summer pavilion began. The competition has begun and the best artisan shall win!
Lasting six rounds, players must choose tiles and place them on their boards to score points. However, within each round is a wild tile which players can also use to make things more interesting. Placing tiles comes at a cost, for example to place a tile on blue 5 you would have to discard either 5 blue tiles or wild tiles into the discard tower and place one blue tile to score a point. Bonus points can also be scored for stars completed on the board, the player with the most points after six rounds wins!
Azul: Summer Pavilion Gameplay
Here we have provided a very brief overview on how to play Azul: Summer Pavilion, we would also advise watching the video below for a better understanding:
- Begin the first phase known as Acquire Tiles by picking all tiles of the same colour.
- Tiles can also be taken from the centre but they will give you negative points.
- Each round includes wild tiles, which can also be taken with the rest of your tiles but only one at a time.
- Second phase includes playing your tiles and scoring points.
- The first player to pick tiles will be given the start player token.
- In turns, players will place their tiles on their boards and add up points.
- Each tile placed will score you points, if you pass eighty points then you can grab a point token to keep track.
- If you cannot, or choose not to, place any tiles you must pass your turn.
- Phase three is preparing for the next round, if still playing place the counter on the next round.
- After six rounds the game will end and the player with the most points wins!
Below you will find the full game components for Azul: Summer Pavilion:
- 132 Resin Tiles
- 4 Player Boards
- Game Board
- Start Player Token
- 9 Factory Displays
- 4 Scoring Markers
- Linen Bag
- Round Counter
- 4 Point Counters