Axis and Allies 1942 2nd Edition provides for 2-5 players aged 12 years or older to change history as we know it. Plan attacks, command forces and resolve conflicts in this strategy board game!
The game is based on World War 2 which lasted from 1939 to 1945 and included the majority of the worlds countries. This second edition includes an expanded board game, changes in rules and new sculpts to keep the action going. Control your armies using dice rolls and capture the enemy in order to succeed.
Each round will involve players taking it in turns to complete their objective. They must decide how much they are willing to spend and how they wish to move. Money can be spent to purchase more units, improve them or repair. There is multiple types of combat including bombing raids, anti-aircraft defense and more to keep the game entertaining!
Axis & Allies 1942 Gameplay
Below we have provided a brief overview on how to play the tabletop war game:
- Each player will decide what military units they would like to purchase.
- Begin combat by rolling the dice and checking it against the combat value.
- If the combat value if equal to or less than the result, the opposing unit chosen will be destroyed.
- Move any units not used in combat, planes must land when attacked.
- Place new units in a space that you control.
- Collect your income dependent on the territories you control.
The full list of game components are below:
- Full Colour Rulebook
- 2 Game Board Pieces
- 5 Setup Cards
- Battle Strip
- Causality Strip
- 6 Dice
- 80 Plastic Unit Counter Chips In 3 Colours
- 20 Cardboard Country Markers Per Nations
- 12 Cardboard Industrial Complex Markers
- 410 Plastic Pieces
- Soviet Units – 74 Pieces
- German Units – 86 Pieces
- United Kingdom Units – 84 Pieces
- Japan Units – 82 Pieces
- United States Units – 84 Pieces