A Game of Thrones: The Board Game 2nd Edition provides 3-6 players aged 14 years and over the opportunity to use strategic planning, masterful diplomacy and tactical card play to spread influence over Westeros.
The second edition bring elements from previous expansion such as Ports, Wilding Cards and Garrisons. However, there is also updated graphics and rule sets along with new Tides of Battle cards to change gameplay.
Each player will receive an army of Footmen, Knight, Siege Engines and Ship Units. As well as this, they will get order tokens and a unique deck of house cards to use in battle. Bring adventure to your game nights as you can explore through different environments such as the forest. The player who gains control of the most areas is crowned the winner and ascends to the Iron Throne!
A Game of Thrones: The Board Game 2nd Edition Gameplay
This board game is divided into three phases: Westeros, Planning and Action. We have provided a brief outline of these phases but do recommend also watching the video below:
- Westeros Phase – Settle wilding attacks and change your relative power. Draw cards from three decks to impact the supply track, bid and acquire tokens.
- Planning Phase – Possibly the most important phase as you will place orders and ask to raid, march, support, defend or consolidate power. Here is your chance to make alliances, but don’t be surprised if you are betrayed!
- Action Phase – During this phase orders will be resolved and battle commences. Add your house cards and begin combat with the enemy.
All components for this game are in a list below:
- Game Board
- 138 Coloured Plastic Units
- 81 Large Cards
- 24 Small Tides of Battle Cards
- 2 Reference Sheets
- 6 House-Specific Player Screens
- 266 Cardboard Tokens
How to Play Game of Thrones: Board Game 2nd Edition