We only collect, keep or use your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few different reasons why we retain your personal details.
- We want to make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs.
- When you provide us with your personal information, we use it to maintain any registered accounts you have with us.
- With your agreement, we may contact you from time to time by e-mail regarding the latest content that we think you may be interested in.
- We may occasionally get in touch to ask for your help with customer surveys and market research.
- When you give us permission, we will also use personal details to contact you if we need to verify your identity.
- We also may use your personal information for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes.
- Your information could be used in any instance where we have a legal obligation to either use or disclose your information. This may include crime or fraud prevention purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Information you enter into forms provided during a sign up process
- Your name and email address
- Your chosen preferences
- Aggregated details of visits to our website for the purpose of analytics
Cookies and similar technologies
A ‘cookie’ is information that a website stores on your computer so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
The cookies used on the Rogue Games website do not include any information that others could read and understand about you, such as your name or contact details. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
This practice is strictly adhered to. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set your web browser to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely. You can also delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your internet browser
We may also use the Facebook Custom Audience tool to serve content in an ad format to our website visitors on Facebook. This technology uses the email addresses we collect, which are then matched to email addresses that Facebook collect. You can stop seeing ads like this at any time by opting out in your ad settings section on Facebook. You can also learn more about Facebook ads and how to control them in the Facebook Help Center under the Managing Your Account section.
Your Rogue Games account
Creating an account with Rogue Games gives you the ability to manage your delivery and billing address details and your email subscription.
We make every effort to protect the information you provide, and it’s important that you also take responsibility for protecting your account information. Make sure your password is strong, don’t share it with others, and try not to use the same one for lots of online accounts. Don’t send your password by email – we would never ask for your password information; but we can advise you on how to reset it.
It’s a good idea to reset online passwords occasionally, and you can do in the My Account area. If you think anyone has accessed your account information without your approval, contact us to let us know at email@example.com.
We won’t share your information except on the occasions where we’re obliged to do so (for example, a legal request).
We’ll never sell your information, and we won’t share it with advertisers or ad networks. We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act, including any amendments and all other relevant legislation.
When browsing or shopping online, there are a few things to look out for that let you know you’re on a site that’s secure. On the Rogue Games website you’ll see a closed padlock, green address bar and https in the URL, which ensures a valid security certificate and a secure, encrypted connection.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Our site uses SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available, to keep the information you give us secure.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties
We want to be able to keep you up to date with new content, news and events, but you can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our emails. It may take a couple of days for all of our systems to update so bear with us while we process your request.